My aim is to work as soon as it is safe to do so. The very last thing I want to do is put anyone at risk by re-opening too early. I also understand that people have very different perceptions on how risky the virus potentially is to themselves and their families. There are clients who are happy to attend a photography session as soon as possible and I know there are others who are much more cautious and would prefer to wait. I fully sppreciate both views and I really hope to be able to provide whatever service I can whilst also allowing people to cancel or postpone their sessions if this does not feel like the right time for them. These are your babies and I want you all to feel comfortable in making the right choices for you.
Hopefully I can get back to you all with even more clarity around re-opening dates soon.
Following government advice that everyone should stop non-essential contact with others. And also following some reports that cases in infants under the age of 1 have been severe and critical I am postponing all baby photography sessions until the information/guidance changes.
I am doing so because the health of your babies is so important and it’s a risk I’m not willing to take. I hope you will understand and as soon as the guidance changes I will be ready and waiting to greet all your lovely babies for a session.
As I photograph babies from birth right through to 1 year old there is an opportunity to photograph them at any time during their first year and I’d much rather be safe.
I have been writing to inform all clients that are booked in for photography sessions with me in the coming days/weeks to outline the steps I am taking in light of the recent coronavirus.
As you may be aware there has been a reported case of a pregnant lady and her newborn contracting the virus COVID-19 this morning. As I work closely with newborns, babies and pregnant women (who are all vulnerable at this time), it is my duty to ensure all clients are protected during their photo session with me.
Due to the coronavirus, I’ve introduced some extra safety measures, over and above those I already implement. I’m asking all clients who wish to proceed with their photography session to adhere to this prep guide prior to and during their session with me, which I’m sure you will understand.
Please do read and follow the prep guide below, and do not hesitate to reply if you have any questions
What I’m asking of clients
- If you or anyone joining you at the session have a cough or fever or if you feel unwell before the session, please contact me as soon as possible to reschedule. I understand this may be an inconvenience, but it really is important to protect those who are vulnerable who may enter the studio after you.
- Please remove your shoes at the front door.
- Please wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer available on arrival.
- Physical contact will be minimal and handshaking is not recommended.
- I will provide individually packaged cake and individually bottled water and cans of soft drinks, however, you’re also very welcome to bring your own.
- If you feel the need to cough or sneeze please use a tissue provided and then place immediately into the bin provided.
- If you become unwell within 7 days after the session please let me know immediately.
- Please note if anyone attending the session appears to have a cough, fever or other symptoms of the virus I will ask to postpone the session immediately with no exception.
What I’ll be doing
- As I work with newborns I already maintain a clean environment, including washing my hands thoroughly before the start of a session, the use of hand gel throughout the session and the washing of all items used after each session.
- Due to the nature of this virus, I will also be fully airing the space after each session and allow at least 3 hours between sessions for the air to have refreshed.
- As the virus can live on porous surfaces for 24-48 hours any headbands/hair ties/bonnets/bears will be washed and/or sprayed with antibacterial spray and then isolated in a container for 48 hours after use. This may mean that some of these items won’t be available at your session, alternatives will be offered.
- All wraps and background fabric will be washed immediately after each session and isolated for 48 hours.
- A freshly washed hand towel will be placed in the downstairs loo prior to each client arriving and the area will be thoroughly cleaned.
- I will wipe down my camera equipment and props at the start of each session as well as my mobile phone with antibacterial cleaner/wipes. I will also clean door handles and the leather sofa with antibacterial cleaner.
- I will deep clean the whole of my downstairs area after every session and prior to new clients arriving.
- Disposable changing pads are available for changing your baby and I also lay these under props/blankets to absorb any bodily fluids. They are disposed of immediately after use.
- I have a number of cloth towels which are washed in a 90-degree wash after each session that are used to mop up any bodily fluids from the baby.
- I will be keeping babies in their nappies for as much of the session as possible.
- I will be asking clients to reschedule if they feel unwell, even if it is mild symptoms
- I will be asking clients to leave immediately if they present with a cough, fever or any other symptoms.
- I have ordered multiple pairs of gloves that will arrive on 20th March which can be washed prior to every session. Latex gloves are not advised due to potential allergies.
- If I feel unwell, even mildly, I will contact you immediately to rearrange our session.
- If I have been in contact with anyone who has a fever, cough or symptoms then I will inform you before the session.
- As I have a 4-year-old daughter I am also regularly checking in on any children she might have had contact with that may have symptoms.
I want parents to be fully informed and feel able to make any choices they wish. If you would prefer to cancel or delay your session I will fully respect your wishes and offer to reschedule or refund your session. I offer sessions at all ages from newborn right through to first birthdays so it is possible to capture them at any time.
Thank you for helping me keep my home studio a clean and safe environment for all the tiny little babies I welcome in. I know how precious your little ones are and I will do everything I can to keep them as safe and healthy as possible.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Last updated: 14.03.2020